Dads: NOW!! is the time to start spending quality, one-on-one time with your young son or daughter. Grades K-4th
The Purpose of Y-Adventure Guides is to foster understanding and companionship between fathers and their sons and daughters grades Kindergarten through 4th grade. In the process, Y-Adventure Guides is fun!
Y-Adventure Guides (Dads and Sons) and Princesses (Dads and Daughters) are organized into Groups called "Circles" meet regularly at members' homes or at the YMCA for crafts, games, songs, stories and other group activities. All Circles are invited to monthly "Expedition" outings such as Camp Outs, Picnics, Pinewood Derby, and Christmas Party.
New Y-Adventure Guide Circles, join an existing Circle, form each fall, but new members are welcomed at any time. you can gather school or neighborhood friends and form your own Circle, join an existing Circle, or join a new one that is forming in the fall.
Aims of the Y-Adventure Guides
- To be clean in body and pure in heart
- To be friends forever with my dad/son/daughter
- To love the sacred circle of my family
- To listen while others speak
- To love my neighbor as myself
- To respect the traditions and beliefs of all people
- To seek and preserve the beauty of God's work: forest, field and stream
For detailed program and registration information visit or call the East Whittier YMCA, at (562) 943-7241.